WELCOME TO STEAM CARRIAGE
The carriage was used as a workshop, when the original owner was building the house next door. When we started renovating, the carriage did not have enough intact to restore it, so we have developed our own style that is vaguely steam-punk influenced.
It too nine months to renovate the train from a pretty ragged start. Almost every surface had to have something done to it, and we found that carriages were really tightly put together (all that rattling) and hard to pull apart. When we did get panels off, we had no idea what we would find. We completely stripped and rewired the electrical, and did plumbing from scratch. Renovating anything over 90 years will have its challenges, but this was exceptional.
Steam Carriage is a Victorian era train carriage converted to a 3 bedroom holiday house. The train is ideal for 2 to 4 people, but can sleep 6.
LAYOUT & FEATURES
• 3 Bedrooms. Two in a single compartment with a double compartment master bedroom. Two queen beds, two thin singles.
• Can sleep 6 but we think 2-4 is more comfortable.
• Full linen service. Beds made up on arrival
• Open plan kitchen/living room
• Wood fire box heater with wood supply included
• Full small kitchen with stove, oven, sink, fridge and cupboards
• Italian Stove top coffee maker and French Press (plunger)
• Basic provisions like olive oil, spices, tea, coffee & Vegemite.
• 2 adult mountain bikes suitable for trail riding. Helmets.
• Pets and children welcome. The yard is fenced.
NO TV. There is a bluetooth speaker books and board games. The carriage does not have a washing machine nor dryer.
If you just want to make an email booking enquiry, PLEASE fill in the form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible to answer any questions and confirm availability for your possible booking.
G’day. Banjo here.
Always up for a trip to the beach, me. And I just can’t wait till I can get my humans out on another one of their hunts for Great Ocean Road Pet Friendly Accommodation. Man, I tell you, they’ve found some beauties down there. From the Pet Friendly Accommodation on the Great Ocean Road in Torquay nearly all the way to Warrnambool, this road just goes on forever! Have you seen those whales way down there – not sure what the humans see in those big lumps in the sea – I’m never allowed to go and check them out! Great place for checking out the Pet friendly accommodation on the Great Ocean Road there though, they say.
Website designed by Kryptonite Design
Phone 0414 528 861.